Recipe by Hippie2MARS
From our family gourmet chef, my sister-in-law Tammy...with my own twist of course!
Top Review by LJeffTheChef
Great easy dinner and there are few things I love more than pork chops and apples. I ended up browning the chops along with a diced onion and threw it all into the crock pot. I also found that mine took an hour or two less than called for but still delicious.
Would be fun to try to a homemade apple mix as well -- sliced apples, brown sugar, etc. Great stuff.
** Also a great post-Thanksgiving leftovers recipe when you have an extra can or two of apple pie filling but can't stand the sight of turkey at that point.
- 6 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chops in the chicken broth.
- Mix half of the can of the apple pie filling, the lemon juice, chicken bouillon and the cinnamon in the crock pot.
- Place browned chops on top of the mixture in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- To serve, arrange chops on a platter. Heat the remaining apple pie filling and spoon on top of chops. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.