Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1⁄2 lb 94% fat-free ground beef, cooked,divided use
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta, divided use
- 3 (15 ounce) cansseasoned tomato sauce, for pizza,divided use
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup green pepper, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained,divided use
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded 94% fat-free mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups 94% fat-free mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese, divided use (1.5g fat per 1/4 cup)
- 24 slices turkey pepperoni, halved,divided use
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Spray crock-pot with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle ground beef with Italian seasoning, mix well.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 cup dry pasta in crock-pot that has been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Cover with 1 can tomato sauce.
- Add 1/3 cup onion, 1/3 cup green pepper, 1/3 can mushrooms.
- Spread 1/3 the seasoned ground beef over vegetables.
- Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 16 pepperoni halves.
- Repeat step 3, layering ingredients two more times.
- Garnish with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 1-2 hours on high or until noodles are tender.
- Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
Waste of ingredients. At 2 hrs, rotini was totally mushed out and vegies were still crunchy. (onions & green peppers) Tomato/pizza sauce did not seem to blend well with rest of ingredients.
Excellent flavor! I was impressed by how much this made. After us five got through with this meal we too had a little bit for leftovers. I checked the pasta at 1 hour but they were not done. Checked at 1 1/2 hours and pasta was close to being done. At exactly 2 hours we tried this dish, the noodles were cooked but seemed gummy. I went back for seconds after letting the dish set for a while and the pasta was good but still gummy. Still went back though for leftovers the next day for the flavor it sooo good! Thank you for posting.
We did not enjoy this, sorry. The texture of the noodles chnaged to mush. The combo of ingredients would make a great baked casserole, but as a crockpot meal it did not go over well for us.