Top Review by Marmaduke
Waste of ingredients. At 2 hrs, rotini was totally mushed out and vegies were still crunchy. (onions & green peppers) Tomato/pizza sauce did not seem to blend well with rest of ingredients.
- 1⁄2 lb 94% fat-free ground beef, cooked,divided use
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta, divided use
- 3 (15 ounce) cansseasoned tomato sauce, for pizza,divided use
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup green pepper, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained,divided use
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded 94% fat-free mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups 94% fat-free mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese, divided use (1.5g fat per 1/4 cup)
- 24 slices turkey pepperoni, halved,divided use
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crock-pot with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle ground beef with Italian seasoning, mix well.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 cup dry pasta in crock-pot that has been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Cover with 1 can tomato sauce.
- Add 1/3 cup onion, 1/3 cup green pepper, 1/3 can mushrooms.
- Spread 1/3 the seasoned ground beef over vegetables.
- Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 16 pepperoni halves.
- Repeat step 3, layering ingredients two more times.
- Garnish with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 1-2 hours on high or until noodles are tender.
- Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.