Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have given this recipe to many people who have said it has become a "must have" at all their family gatherings.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1 quart milk (the more fat the better ( )
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces mild cheddar cheese, cubed
- Spray crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Add ingredidents and mix lightly.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 3 hours.
- DO NOT OPEN LID while cooking.
- Stir gently and serve.
Awful! What a disappointment. Promised the kids homemade mac and cheese and this was inedible! What a waste of expensive veelveta too! It MIGHT have been salvageable if I had stirred it at least once while it cooked but the recipe said specifically not too. It's a gloppy mess. Just use the recipe on the back of the veelveta box if that's what your'e craving. Kids loved that!
This mac & cheese was amazing! Everyone I served it to actually said it was the best they had ever eaten. One person has even requested that I make it every time she visits for years to come. It was also really easy. I just cut all the cheese and butter into cubes and tossed it in the crock pot.
One warning - don't leave it in the crock pot for too much over the three hours without stirring. It will burn on the bottom.
Tasted great! It was very easy to make-I assembled this in the morning it was done by lunch. I served this at an office pot-0luck today-everyone loved it. Thanks for the great recipe.