Top Review by L Bolte
Certainly edible, with a good taste. However, is lasagna really meant to be cooked in the crockpot? The noodles were 'mushy' and you don't get that crunchy top layer that you get when you cook it in a pan in the oven. For the trouble, I'd skip the crockpot on this one.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, broken up with juice
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Break lasagna noodles into bite size pieces and cook in boiling water until tender but firm (14 to 16 minutes). Drain.
- Scramble-fry ground beef in non-stick frying pan until browned.
- Drain well.
- Turn into a 3-1/2 quart crock pot. Add remaining 12 ingredients and stir well.
- Add lasagna noodles, stir.
- Cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.