Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious way to make regular pot roast more interesting. Make sure you buy the canned tomatoes whole AND in puree.
- Cut 4 slits in the beef roast and stuff the slits with half the garlic.
- Generously season the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat, swirling to coat the pan.
- Place beef roast in pan, brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the beef, onion, potatoes, tomatoes in puree, rosemary and remaining garlic in a 5-quart Crock pot.
- Cover, cook on high setting until meat is tender, about 6 hours.