- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add hot water slowly, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add milk; heat to serving temperature, stirring occasionally. DO NOT boil.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, cinnamon if desired, and whip with a whisk.
- Serve hot, with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired.
- This recipe can be doubled and kept in crockpot for easier serving to large groups.