Recipe by Chef RZ Fan
From the Busy Peoples Slow Cooker Cookbook by Dawn Hall
Top Review by Jean in Alvin
Love that you can choose which frozen veggies used. My family of carnivores found the soup to be hearty and tasty. I left half of the leftovers in the fridge for their "grab and run" meals. Make sure you remove the bay leaf when it is finished cooking. I accidentally left a bay leaf in leftovers. Still good, but a bit strong the next day.
- 3 lbs frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (46 ounce) can vegetable juice
- 2 bay leaves
- garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
Directions See How It's Made
- I use my largest 6 Quart Smart Pot for this recipe.
- I also use Low Sodium V-8 which comes in a 64 ounce bottle and adjust.
- Spray a Slow Cooker with cooking spray ( I sometimes use those new Crock pot liners) for easy cleanup.
- In the Slow Cooker mix together the Vegetables, Vegetable Juice, Bay Leaves, Cole slaw, Garlic Powder and Salt to taste (I substitute 1 Tbs ONLY of Ms. Dash Original Flavor for the garlic and salt and sometimes add chopped onions to taste).
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.