Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Serve as fruit compote or as a topping for ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed dried fruit (raisins, kiwi, pears, apricots, whatever you like)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- Put dried fruit in crock pot, and pour in water.
- Stir in sugar, honey, lemon peel, and spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
- Turn heat up to high.
- Mix cornstarch in a little water; stir into fruit mixture.
- Cook on high until thickened (10 minutes).
- Stir in Cointreau.
- Serve warm or chill.