- With sharp knife, slice about 1" off top of each.
- artichoke; cut off stem near base.
- With scissors, trim about 1/2" off top of each leaf.
- With sharp knife, halve each artichoke vertically; then scoop out and discard the fuzzy center of choke.
- Place artichoke halves in your crock pot; add hot water and lemon slices.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours or until done.
- Drain and serve with Lemon Butter Sauce, as below.
- LEMON BUTTER SAUCE----------------.
- Combine all ingredients.