1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Dulce De Leche
10 hrs 5 mins
mary winecoff's Note:
Found this recipe on a crock pot only website and have not tried it as yet. Looks like a easy recipe for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place vanilla bean, 3 cups of milk, sugar, water and baking soda in slow cooker.
- 2Whisk together.
- 3Cook for 9 hours on HIGH, uncovered.
- 4Remove vanilla bean and whisk milk mixture gently.
- 5Use a dull-edged knife to carefully scrape down the crust of sugar that accumulates on sides of the insert.
- 6Do not skim foam.
- 7Continue cooking for 1 more hour, stirring every 20 minutes until mixture is a rich medium-caramel color and has thickened to the consistency of melted ice cream.
- 8In the mean time, warm remaining cup of milk in small saucepan.
- 9Turn off slow cooker and stir in the warm milk.
- 10Remove the inset and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 11Scrape into bowl and let come to room temperature.
- 12Refrigerate it in tightly covered container for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Dulce De Leche
Serving Size: 1 (1369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 937.9
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 353.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 188.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 192.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: