Recipe by NancyB
From Better Homes & Gardens
Top Review by Cook4_6
I usually do a great job of picking recipes that suit my family's tastes. Unfortunately, this was not one of them. We found it to be pretty bland; so much so I don't even know how I could change it to make it more to our liking. If you like very mild flavored soups, then this might be for you.
- 1 (2 ounce) package white sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) packagedried cheese tortellini
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dry white sauce mix in a slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low for 1 more hour or high for 45 minutes.
- Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and parmesan cheese.