Recipe by ChipotleChick
This is a great recipe that I have been making for years. It is very rich though, so don't make this recipe if you are looking for something light! I like to serve this with steamed rice (to kind of counterbalance the fat content of the chicken). Also, the cooking time listed here is for an older model Crock Pot. If you have a newer one you will want to cut back the cooking time.
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne white wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a crock pot and sprinkle dry mix over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- About 45 minutes before done, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in a small saucepan.
- Cook until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken and cover and cook another 45 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over pieces when serving.