Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy meal to throw together with things you would have on hand.
Make and share this Crock Pot Cornbread Beef Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, cooked
- 19 ounces dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 1⁄2 ounces jiffy box cornmeal mix
- Cook ground beef and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese and cornbread mix.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Prepare cornbread batter and set aside until batter thickens.
- When batter is thicken, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of beef mixture in crock pot and then top with cornbread batter.
- Cover and cook on High 30 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
Delicious! Perfect amount of spiciness (not too much) and great texture. Easy to make and a great dinner.