Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is an easy meal to throw together with things you would have on hand.
Make and share this Crock Pot Cornbread Beef Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef, cooked
- 19 ounces dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 1⁄2 ounces jiffy box cornmeal mix
- Cook ground beef and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese and cornbread mix.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Prepare cornbread batter and set aside until batter thickens.
- When batter is thicken, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of beef mixture in crock pot and then top with cornbread batter.
- Cover and cook on High 30 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
Delicious! Perfect amount of spiciness (not too much) and great texture. Easy to make and a great dinner.