1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Coffee Spice Rubbed Smokey Roast Beef
8 hrs 25 mins
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this on a site called "Everyday Paleo" and I've been drying to try it. It is rubbed and seared with a wonderful blend of spices, including coffee and cocoa and finished up in the crock pot. Make sure you really rub the spices in before you sear it so the flavor sticks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
COFFEE SPICE RUB
- 2 tablespoons coffee, grounds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (Mrs. Dash makes a ground chipotle spice blend)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Mix all spices for the coffee spice rub in a small bowl.
- 2Rub the spice mixture all over the beef roast taking care to really rub it in well!
- 3Heat 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet over Medium-High heat. Make sure the oil is hot or you will lose your spices.
- 4Using tongs, place the roast into the hot skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until a nice crust starts to form. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Place sliced onions in the bottom of a crock pot.
- 6Place seared roast in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
- 7Add the water, cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Coffee Spice Rubbed Smokey Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 130.4 mg
- Sodium 505.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 42.3 g