Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is one of my children's all time favorite recipes.
- 10 hot dogs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili without beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place hot dogs in crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the chili and soup and pour over hot dogs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve hot dogs in buns. Top with chili mixture, onion and cheese.
I agree on the fact that it's much thinner than I prefer, but still very tasty! This was definitely a fork and knife type of meal which confused my daughter when I gave her those with a hotdog lol Her and DH enjoyed eating the left over chili sauce. I think next time I'll double the hotdogs for a bigger crowd as there was quite a bit of sauce left. Or maybe only one can of chili. We used chili with beans cause we like them :)
Yummy!! It certainly doesn't get any easier than this. I had this assembled and in the crock pot in about 5 mins. The part that took the longest was opening the cans. I mixed the chili and soup in the the crock pot and then stirred in the hot dogs ( I didn't even have to dirty a bowl). We really enjoyed the addition of the cheddar cheese soup. It added a creaminess to the chili that my family loved. I cooked these in my 3-qt. crock pot on "low" for 5 hours. I served them in whole-wheat hot dog buns topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream and onions. Thank you for sharing this quick and easy recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!
*Made for PRMR tag game*
This is sooooooooooooooooo delicious!!!!!!! YUM YUM YUM!