Recipe by Nana Lee
From Linda Larsen, Your Guide to Busy Cooks @ about.com. This sounds sooo good! You can substitute different types of cheese and different flavors of condensed soup to change the flavor of this easy slow cooker recipe.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
What a very nice and easy dinner, you would think you had spent a long time in the kitchen preparing and making this, you could serve this at a dinner party or every day it is just wonderful. I cooked mine on high as I was short of time for about two hours, and cut the recipe in half. I also used a recipe here on zaar cream of substitute and just mixed it with water then cooked it in the skillet and poured on top of the chicken, also I had to reheat DH's later and you would never of known it hadn't been made right that moment. This is a recipe that I think I will use regularly it's just so forgiving. thank you so much for this. Made for Honor thy Mother, the diabetic forum May 2011. Oh I should like to add the taste was amazing, I would give it ten if I could.
- 3 slices bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Crumble bacon and set aside in refrigerator.
- In bacon drippings in skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until light brown, turning once.
- Place in 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Top with mushrooms.
- In skillet, heat soup and pour over mushrooms and chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Top chicken with cheese slices and sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- NOTE: This dish can be made using frozen chicken breasts. Brown them, as directed, in the bacon drippings, then cook on low for 6-8 hours, until no longer pink in the center.