Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Posted in response to a request; from Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in bite-size pieces
- 4 medium carrots, scraped and cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped in chunks
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- Layer potato, carrot and onion in slow cooker; then lay chicken thighs on top.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 9 to 10 hours or on High for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
This was delicious and so-o-o simple. A definite "make-again"! Thanks, Lennie!
Ahhhhh.... A TRIUMPH!!! That is all I can say to describe this stew. Should I even call this... CREATION... dare I say... MASTERPIECE a mere stew. It deserves a better name than that. How about CELTIC SOUL REVIVER... just absolutely wonderful. I'm a woman whom is deeply into soul food and this touched my soul when I shared this recipe with my family. LENNIE... you are a GENIUS. Thank you so very much. Please do continue to share your wonderful recipes with our family here at RECIPEZAAR. Thank you, once more. :-)
I added a little more pepper to this recipe. The pepper gave it a little boost. It got rave reviews from my husband, and the kids liked it too. Very simple and easy to prepare.