Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I threw this together for dinner one afternoon and the entire family was pleased with the results. It uses ingredients that you normally have in your kitchen to make a slow cooked shredded taco meat that pleases!
- 5 -6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa (we used medium)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- flour tortilla (for serving)
- sour cream (for serving)
- corn (for serving)
- guacamole (for serving)
- shredded cheese (for serving)
- shredded lettuce (for serving)
- canned jalapeno slices (for serving)
- refried beans (for serving)
- Place chicken in the crock pot.
- Mix salsa, tomato paste and taco seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 3-4 hours.
- Shred in crock pot and mix with sauce. Add more tomato paste if it seems too watery.
- Serve on flour tortillas with any suggested toppings or any topping of your choice!