Recipe by Beth Gambrell
The only way I will make chicken and dumplings, this is the easiest! You can also use those frozen "flat" dumplings instead of canned biscuits.
Top Review by sassykat1213
I made this on the stovetop, simmering the chicken & onions in the water for 40 minutes before adding the soups, then bringing back to a simmer before adding the biscuits. I then simmered everything, covered, for about 15 minutes, and it was perfect. :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small chunks
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except biscuits, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, tear biscuit dough into 1-inch pieces. Add to your slow cooker; stirring gently.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffed up and cooked through.