Recipe by Daphney
I started with a great chicken stroganoff recipe and substituted most of the ingredients with what I had on hand to avoid going to the grocery store. What turned out was a great crock pot recipe I'll be sure to make again.
Top Review by newspapergal
This was OK. It was pretty thin -- thinner than I expected -- and just a little blah. I followed it exactly, adding a bit of garlic powder, too, and served over cooked brown rice. It was easy enough, but not something we really enjoyed.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, frozen
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undilute
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Mix the other ingredients together and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on Low for about 7 - 8 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir sauce before serving.
- To thicken sauce add cornstarch or flour.
- Serve over rice or noodles.