Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I started with a great chicken stroganoff recipe and substituted most of the ingredients with what I had on hand to avoid going to the grocery store. What turned out was a great crock pot recipe I'll be sure to make again.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, frozen
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undilute
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Mix the other ingredients together and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on Low for about 7 - 8 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir sauce before serving.
- To thicken sauce add cornstarch or flour.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This was OK. It was pretty thin -- thinner than I expected -- and just a little blah. I followed it exactly, adding a bit of garlic powder, too, and served over cooked brown rice. It was easy enough, but not something we really enjoyed.
This was good. It was wonderfully creamy and the chicken turned out very tender. I found it to be a bit bland, so I added some garlic powder. It is the kind of dish that you can suit to your personal taste.
Everytime I have ever cooked with cream of celery soup - my meals have always turned out really well. I have a crockpot that I recently got as a gift and this one is a keeper.