Recipe by gojenni714
I like to take these to potlucks because it's a super simple recipe and it always gets eaten up! The recipe calls for chicken, but I've used stew meat as well to make beef fajitas.
Top Review by Missy G.
This recipe is super easy, quick and delish!!! I made it for a "fiesta" themed celebration at work, it was a huge hit!! I used two 12.5oz cans of white meat chicken (just be careful if watching what you eat... many cans have more ing.'s than just chicken and water) and cooked it for only two hours, turned out perfectly to use for fajita nachos! Great recipe!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream, if desired
- guacamole, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion in crock pot.
- Combine lime juice with seasonings in small bowl.
- Add chicken and toss well.
- Pour chicken and juices over onion.
- Cover and cook 6-8 hours.
- Stir in peppers during the last 30-45 minutes of cooking.
- Serve on tortillas, with sour cream, guacamole and tomato.