Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I like to take these to potlucks because it's a super simple recipe and it always gets eaten up! The recipe calls for chicken, but I've used stew meat as well to make beef fajitas.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream, if desired
- guacamole, if desired
- Place onion in crock pot.
- Combine lime juice with seasonings in small bowl.
- Add chicken and toss well.
- Pour chicken and juices over onion.
- Cover and cook 6-8 hours.
- Stir in peppers during the last 30-45 minutes of cooking.
- Serve on tortillas, with sour cream, guacamole and tomato.