Made this up for our small group and it worked pretty good. I left out the cayenne and might use a couple more cans of green chilies if I wanted it a bit spicier :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages Mccormick white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons salt (as desired)
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1In a skillet, add diced onion, garlic and spray oil. Saute until clear.
- 2Dump in the bottom of the crock pot.
- 3Add seasoning packet and all other "dry" ingredients.
- 4Saute chicken until done and stir into the ingredients in the crock pot.
- 5Pour in the water and broth
- 6Cook all on low for 4-6 hours.
- 7Stir in the beans and cook until heated - may turn up to high.
- 8Add sour cream and whipping cream in the last half hour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock-Pot Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 128.3 mg
- Sodium 1042.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mccormick white chicken chili seasoning mix