Recipe by Tish
Made this up for our small group and it worked pretty good. I left out the cayenne and might use a couple more cans of green chilies if I wanted it a bit spicier :)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages Mccormick white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons salt (as desired)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (as desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 (15 1/2 ounce) cansgreat northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, add diced onion, garlic and spray oil. Saute until clear.
- Dump in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add seasoning packet and all other "dry" ingredients.
- Saute chicken until done and stir into the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Pour in the water and broth
- Cook all on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in the beans and cook until heated - may turn up to high.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream in the last half hour.