Salsa Verde Chicken Chili
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, thawed and diced
- olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves (2 t. if using pre minced garlic)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde (Pace)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (use more or less depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 -2 orange bell pepper (any can be used, I prefer orange because the color looks nice)
- 2 -5 medium tomatillos (use more if you prefer a more chunky chili or a more mild flavor)
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1. In frying pan fry the chicken with a little salt and pepper in the oil until cooked.
- 2. Add a little oil to a large pot. Saute the chopped onion and garlic seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until onions are tender.
- 3. Stir in chicken, broth, salsa and cumin. Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- 4. Add jalapeno(s), bell pepper(s) and tomatillos. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5. Add cilantro and beans, simmer for 15 - 30 minutes.
- 6. Thicken if necessary, to thicken mix 1 T. corn starch with a little liquid from the chili. Mix in with the chili. Simmer another 10 - 15 minutes. Repeat if necessary.
- Can be made in a crock pot if chicken is cooked ahead of time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!