- Place onions in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken pieces.
- Stir together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 7 to 9 hours; high 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over angel hair pasta.
- RJ's Note: I made this recipe on 9th of May 1998. I substituted the tomato paste with a large can of tomatoes that I put through the blender. The aroma of the chicken simmering in the crock pot sauce all day was fantastic. During the last ten minutes I added some frozen mixed Chinese vegetables and served the cacciatore over home made pasta noodles (my first attempt at making pasta). I only used one teaspoon of oregano. Next time I'll try two.