1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet
8 hrs 15 mins
This is a hearty stew of white beans, chicken and sausage. This recipe was developed for a 3 quart crock pot. If you use a larger one, you will need to double the ingredients. Serve with cornbread, green onion fans and a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup vegetable juice or 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 celery ribs, cut into fourths
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 2 -3 frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces smoked turkey or 8 ounces chicken sausage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Combine the beans, tomato juice, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, and spices.
- 2Cut the sausages in half lengthwise and slice, stir into beans.
- 3Place the frozen chicken thighs on top of the bean mixture.
- 4Cover; cook on low-heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- 5Remove bay leaves, stir, adjust seasonings as desired and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 654.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.5 g