Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This comes from Better Homes and Gardens "Crockery Cooking."
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken and Potato Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 5 medium potatoes (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 t ground ginger)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Put the potatoes, red bell pepper, and onion in the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot and place chicken on top.
- In a medium bowl mix the tomatoes, all spices, and the chicken broth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on High 4- 5 hours (or Low for 8- 10).
- If using low, switch to high.
- Combine cornstarch and water and add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Awesome comfort food! It was so good! My husband insisted it get only 4 stars because he had to add hotsauce. It was a little bland, but the better for the kids to eat! And there were NO leftovers!
Pretty good recipe! It's nice to have a curry dish that is low in fat. I added garbanzos and peas. I served it over rice, and over fettuccine the next day. Yum!