Prep 8 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My family actually will eat spinach this way. It does taste great, and is very easy. It even makes a great meatless lunch or light supper.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Spray your crock pot with Pam, or grease the insides.
- Mix all the ingredients together well in a bowl and pour into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high setting for one hour.
- Turn the setting to low and cook for another four to five hours.
This recipe didn't have the texture I expected. My cheese stayed in cubes instead of melting nicely. Followed directions exactly. Overall, too many calories that aren't quite compensated for by taste.
Delicious! This was so easy to put together, and we finished off the whole recipe in one day. This made 6 servings for us, but we were probably taking extra-large helpings. By the way, I used only 2 tb of flour (we're trying to be low-carb), and it came out fine. It's so nice to find a vegetarian crock pot recipe...thanks for posting this!
Yumm-oh the gang loved it thanks !