Classic Cheesy Reuben Sandwich
Quick and easy lunch or light dinner.
- Ready In:
- 2 slices rye bread
- Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces lean deli corned beef, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- butter or margarine, for frying
- Spread 1 slice of bread with mustard and the other with mayonnaise.
- Place Swiss cheese, beef& sauerkraut between the bread slices.
- Brown in melted butter in a skillet, on both sides and until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made it exactly as posted by the submitter. Easy! Excellent! I used to butter my bread and then grill it...I now realize why I wasnt getting that toasty/crunchy goodness of the deli! Melt the butter in the pan first and then add the bread..perfect! HINT: Make sure you are using a hearty rye bread with the seeds (not just bread made with rye flour); its the caraway that makes you want to do a riverdance after eating this sandwich! Thanks Little Turtle for a great sammie!! Happy Pattys Day!