Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Yum! Found on the internet a while back. So easy and so yummy!
- 3 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 slices American cheese
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot, mix well.
- Cover and cook 4 - 5 hours on low, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Stir well before serving.
I found this recipe in a cookbook about three years ago. I've made it every year since for Thanksgiving.
The key, though, is to use frozen SWEET corn. You will not get the same results if you use regular frozen corn.
This was WAAAAYYY too much cream cheese. I even added extra corn, almost doubling the amount of corn and it was still too much. Disappointing, it sounded so good.
Delish! and so easy! I didn't have the American cheese on hand so I substituted shredded cheddar & jack cheese. It worked perfectly. I will definitely make this again ... when my arteries have had a chance to clear a bit!! :D