Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The best and easiest roast beef I've ever had. Makes its own delicious gravy. Soooo tender and tasty. This is the only recipe I've seen use these foil instructions, but it works! Recipe is from "Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Magic." Ideal for 4 or 5 qt. crock pot.
- 4 lbs beef roast, cut in half
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- Place beef on double layer of aluminum foil.
- Combine soup and dry soup mix. Spread on all sides of beef. Wrap foil around beef. Place in slow cooker. Pour water around roast.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour and then on low 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- That's IT!
This produces a wonderfully flavored, tender, fall apart roast. I didn't wrap in foil, though, just put it all in the crock. I also used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. I have been making this for years and we love it! In fact I wanted the leftovers the next day, and unfortunately someone already beat me to them!
I was going to post this recipe as it has become my favorite way to prepare beef roast. I bought the cookbook last year and have given the recipe to all of my friends. I've tried different cream soups and find that my family prefers Golden Mushroom soup better than regular Cream of Mushroom. The roast is always so tender and the flavor is excellent. I'm sorry that I didn't run across this recipe a few years ago. Now I have it saved in my cookbook and can refer back to it or print it any time.....just in case someone has borrowed my cookbook. Thank you Amy for posting this wonderful recipe!!!
Very good roast. I followed the recipe as written and we all enjoyed this. This is so simple to make yet produces a great tasting roast. Made for Spring PAC 2010.