Recipe by Amy020
The best and easiest roast beef I've ever had. Makes its own delicious gravy. Soooo tender and tasty. This is the only recipe I've seen use these foil instructions, but it works! Recipe is from "Fix-It and Forget-It Slow Cooker Magic." Ideal for 4 or 5 qt. crock pot.
Top Review by Beverly292
This produces a wonderfully flavored, tender, fall apart roast. I didn't wrap in foil, though, just put it all in the crock. I also used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. I have been making this for years and we love it! In fact I wanted the leftovers the next day, and unfortunately someone already beat me to them!
- 4 lbs beef roast, cut in half
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef on double layer of aluminum foil.
- Combine soup and dry soup mix. Spread on all sides of beef. Wrap foil around beef. Place in slow cooker. Pour water around roast.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour and then on low 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- That's IT!