I love stuffing and have always been disappointed that there is just never enough of it. This makes a large quantity and tastes delicious. Handy too because you can serve it right from the crock pot insert. You could also add mushrooms or apples to this recipe.
- In large bowl put 1 loaf bread broken up and dried overnight. Season crumbs with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning & garlic powder.
- In pan, saute 1 chopped onion, chopped celery and the chopped parsley in the butter.
- In another pan brown & break up the bulk sausage.
- Pour the sauteed vegetables and sausage over the bread crumbs. Moisten with the chicken broth.
- Place in slow cooker on low for about 3 hours. (Time may vary depending on your crock pot.) I recommend giving it a stir and checking to see if it is getting too dry around the edges from time to time. You can always add a little more broth to suit your taste.