Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
So easy but very delicious. They just fall off the bone. Broiling them first keeps them from being greasy. From the Rival Crock-pot Cookbook.
Top Review by mewmew
We had these for Father's Day and my husband and kids said they were the best they had ever had! So easy; just the right amount of sauce. I used a little over four lbs. of babybacks and about 18 oz. of Baby Ray's with honey. They were ready in six hours.
- 2 (3 -4 lb) slabs pork spareribs
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into serving portions. I usually do two ribs together.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs on a broiler pan and broil 12 minutes per side or until browned. I like mine a bit 'crisp'. Drain if necessary.
- Place sliced onion in crock pot.
- Place rib sections on top of onions. Pour a little barabecue sauce over each section as you place them in the crock pot and the rest of the bottle over all the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.