Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Spiced apples cook themselves to perfection!
Make and share this Crock Pot Apple Brown Betty recipe from Food.com.
- Wash apples, peel, core, and cut into eights.
- Place in bottom on crock.
- Combine bread cubes, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, butter and toss together.
- Place on top of apples in crock.
- Cook on low setting 2-4 hours.
- Check apples about halfway into this -- if not softening enough, add water or apple juice to steam inside the pot. Half to three quarters of a cup is usually sufficient.
I made this as I had all the indgredients already...It took a lot longer than the recipe described but was very good...I would make it again...I did have to add approx. 1/2 cup of water halfway through as the apples werent getting cooked enough. Again, it was very good...thanks for the great and easy recipe...just the kind that I like.