1/3 Photos of Croatian Autumn Beef Steaks
1 hr 15 mins
This is a typical stuffed steak from Croatian Northern area (Podravina). As many Croatian recipes it is also rich with tastes, ingredients, and we don’t care much for cholesterol. With a glass of red wine, this meal will satisfy all your friends, and of course your mother in law.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g pork (preferably large) or 800 g veal steak (preferably large)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 10 g tomato jam
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1For the filling: slice the onion very finely, liver not so finely, bacon on small cubes, and mushrooms on “leaves”.
- 2Sauté it following this order: First onion, than mushrooms, and liver and bacon together as last (put the new ingredient when the last is soft, and so on).
- 3Sauté it until all liquid evaporates.
- 4Season it with salt and pepper.
- 5When it cools add one yolk, parsley leaves (minced) and nutmeg powder.
- 6Spread the filling over each steak, fold them in half and close it with toothpicks (3-4 per each steak).
- 7Cover the steaks with flour and fry them on both sides until they become brownish.
- 8Pour 2 cups of wine over steaks and cook until alcohol evaporates.
- 9Add beef stock to cover the steaks completely.
- 10Add tomato jam and cook for 20-30 minute or meat become soft.
- 11Five minutes before end, add mustard. Try it, and season it if necessary.
- 12Serve with rice or potato.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croatian Autumn Beef Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 324.6 mg
- Sodium 488.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 69.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: