Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chef Ivan Flowers created this recipe for Maui Maid. The remoulade sauce would also be great with grilled or pan fried fish instead of tartar sauce.
- Shuck the oysters & reserve the juice (liquor).
- In a sauce pan over medium heat place olive oil and smashed garlic.
- Cook garlic till browned then remove
- Add orange juice along with pickle juice and reduce by 2/3 or till slightly syrupy
- Let cool at room temp for ½ hour.
- Whisk reduction into mayonnaise with oyster liquor blending well till smooth and creamy.
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees.
- Dust oysters with tempura flour and fry till golden brown (2 minutes).
- Serve crispy oysters with dipping sauce.