Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am always searching for new ways to serve potatoes. This recipe is courtesy of the Food Network's "How to Boil Water".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled and quartered into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes and salt in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer for 1 minute, then drain and pat dry.
- In skillet, saute bacon over medium heat and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
- Add butter to bacon fat and increase heat to medium.
- Add potatoes to pan so that the cut sides get nice and brown.
- Cook, turning only as needed until the potatoes are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, garlic and bacon and stir until lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Fantastic! Everyone loved these! Nice that they're made entirely on the stove. I browned them quite a bit until they were nice and crispy. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
lovely way to spruce up the ol' spud. Very tasty. Thank you!