Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
These can be made and refrigerated up to 1 day ahead and then baked.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water just just tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain and cool. Can make 1 day ahead and chill.
- Peel potatoes and cut each into 6 long wedges.
- Melt butter in large skillet; remove from heat.
- Mix paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Roll each potato wedge in seasoned butter to coat.
- Place potatoes on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Add 1 1/2 cups panko to butter in skillet and stir until crumbs are evenly coated.
- Roll potatoes in crumb mixture, pressing crumbs to adhere.
- Return potatoes to same baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake potatoes uncovered until heated through and crumb coating is crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Arrange on platter.