Recipe by Mercy
Remember to plan ahead because the batter has to be refrigerated for 2 hours before frying.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light beer
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and coarsely chopped
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat flour and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Pour oil to a depth of 5 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°F.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, and fry, in batches, 5 minutes or until golden.
- Drain fritters on paper towels.