Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
My wife ran an daycare in our home. This is ome of the kid meals they gave us to help with meal planning. The servings are kid size, but it should be easy to ramp it up to adult portions if needed.
- 1 cup vegetable juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 ounces corn flakes, crushed
- In a shallow non-aluminum pan combine vegetable juice and hot sauce.
- Add chicken and let marinade in refrigerator for 3 hours turning frequently.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large zip bag combine remaining ingredients.
- Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Remove from bag and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle and remaining crumbs on chicken.
- Bake one hour until tender.
Great oven-fried chicken recipe -- such a nice change of pace. Loved the idea of marinating this chicken (used breast meat vs. thighs) in the vegetable juice (I used V-8). Easy to make, but I did bake it at 350 degrees to prevent it from browning too much and cooked it for 30 minutes vs. 45 minutes as my chicken breast were thinner. Served this chicken with some pinto beans and a rice casserole. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.