photo by Artemis
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (i prefer using 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast, but mom used to boil an entire chicken and then)
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (i like mild, but hot isn't unbearable)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- milk (fill up one of the soup cans after emptying the soup into mix)
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
- dorritos nacho chip (or try your fav. flavor)
- Cook the chicken in broth or water in a frying pan until done. Shred and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom, Rotel Tomatoes, and can of milk. Wisk until fairly smooth.
- Crumble Dorritos while still in the bag.
- In a buttered casserole dish, place a layer of the soup mix (don't use all of it).
- Next add a layer of the crumbled dorritos.
- Then add a layer of the chicken.
- Repeat layers until all gone.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the foil. Sprinkle a generous amount of the mild cheddar cheese over the top and return to oven, uncovered, and bake until the cheese is hot, melted, and bubbly. Let stand 2-3 minutes and then enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a perfect simple meal. We added a little bit of cheese in with each layer, and we mixed in a little specialty jalapeno/habanero cheese on top with the mild cheddar to give it a bit more kick, because we like things spicy. I used a 9x13 oval pan to cook it in, and a grand total of three layers. The end result was great. It's a fun and easy recipe and we definitely wanted more than one serving.
see 2 more reviews