Recipe by BarbAmen
This recipe courtesy of Gale Gand. It is a recipe for the most delicious Crispy Oatmeal Cookies. These thin crispy cookies just melt in your mouth. This recipe is well worth having in your recipe file.
Top Review by jcwchicago
These were great except for the salty taste from too much baking soda. They were crisp and very thin, but my family rejected them because of the obvious baking soda taste. I'd make them again but cut the baking soda WAY down.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixer cream butter until fluffy.
- Add the sugars and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl, stir together the oats, flour, salt and baking soda.
- With mixer on low begin adding the oat mixture to the butter mixture.
- Mix only to combine.
- Add raisins and again mix only to combine.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets leaving at least 2 inches between cookies.
- MY HINT; PRESS EACH COOKIE DOWN SLIGHTLY WITH YOUR FINGERS BEFORE BAKING.
- Bake until browned and crispy around the edges about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on wire racks and store in airtight container.