Five (Or Maybe Six) Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
photo by Katzen
- Ready In:
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg to the creamed mixture.
- Add oats and baking soda and mix well. Add chocolate chips in this step if using this ingredient.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto GREASED baking sheets. Flatten slightly (if you skip this you get mounds as they do not spread much).
- Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes then let cool completely on wire rack before storing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A very yummy cookie recipe!!!!<br/>The dough was thick and easy to work with and the cookies came out chunky, chewy and very tasty! I luved the peanut butter flavour with the hearty oats and chocolate chips. Mmmm!<br/>I used an organic all natural (no sugar added) peanut butter and a milk chocolate. Reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and found they were perfectly sweet like that.<br/>I made very big cookies endind up with 11 from the full recipe, which I had to bake for 11 minutes.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing such an easy and yummy recipe with us, Hokies!<br/>Made and reviewed for WTTM Tag Game August 2010.
Hokies, these are delicious and very fast to put together, which makes them a new favourite for me! I also like that they're not overly sweet, they're just perfect. For the optional chips, I used 1/4 cup peanut butter chips, and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, which worked out perfect for this non-chocolate eater (maybe a little too fine, as I'm going to have to get them out of the house - and quick!!) Fantastic recipe - thanks for sharing it! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
These cookies turned out chewey and moist for me. The kids really loved the chewiness. I loved the simplicity. I did add the chocolate chips and the dough was odd to work with. The chocolate chips didn't want to stay within the dough. I formed them with my (clean) hands and lightly flattened them with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. I'm willing to make these with or without the chocolate chips next time. I'm sure they're still great without the chips. Thanx for an easy cookie!