Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Nice and crispy in all the little nooks and crannys! Racheal serves this with applesauce, but I think I prefer ketchup. I may try subbing the sour cream with ranch dressing to change it up. I personally don't care for horseradish, so I leave it out. I wonder how it would be with garlic for a dinner waffle? From Racheal Rays' TV show(Waffle week)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated red onion (can use non dairy sour cream to make this vegan)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (or french onion dip)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat waffle maker to the highest heat.
- Liberally salt potatoes and lay them out on a stack of paper towels to drain. Stack a few paper towels on top, press down and let sit for a few minutes. Get out as much moisture as you can.
- While potatoes drain, whisk together the onion, egg, sour cream, horseradish(if using) and pepper in a large bowl. Add drained potatoes to bowl and fold until combined.
- Brush hot waffle maker with melted butter. Evenly spread potato mixture around the waffle maker. Close and cook for 12 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and brown.