Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I tried to find a recipe like one I had seen on FN.
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- lemon juice, a few drops
- 2 ounces water
- 1 cup frozen corn (cut off the cob)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- canola oil, to fry
- sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Sift the corn flour, flour, BP, salt coriander and cumin in a med. bowl.
- Set aside.
- In another med. bowl, mix egg, lemon juice and water.
- Add in the flour mixture til smooth.
- Add corn, green onions, and chopped cilantro to mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over med. high heat.
- When hot, divide mixture into four and carefully slip into the oil.
- Cook 2-3 minute and turn for another 2-3 minute until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet chili sauce.