- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil (for frying, 2 cups or so)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl beat egg and buttermilk.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip into egg mixture and coat AGAIN with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Turn chicken; and cook 3 minutes longer or until no longer pink in the center and golden brown.