1/1 Photo of Crispy Buttermilk Waffles
8 hrs 10 mins
These waffles are AMAZING! They are so crispy, you won't believe it. TIP: Cool leftovers, and freeze. To reheat, put waffles directly on oven rack at 350 degrees F., and bake for 5-7 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the batter and refrigerate at least 8 hours before baking--all day to have waffles for dinner (try over under ice cream), OR overnight to have them for breakfast.
- 2Make the batter in the morning OR evening:.
- 3Combine and whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Combine the melted butter and milk (or buttermilk). Add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Whisk eggs and vanilla together in a separate small bowl. Add the egg-vanilla mixture to the other mixture, and whisk until well-combined. Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge until tomorrow morning.
- 4That evening OR following morning:.
- 5Prepare waffle iron as usual. Stir the batter to deflate it (it should be puffy and frothy). Add to waffle iron the same way you would other batter, keeping in mind that this batter will rise more than batters that use baking powder instead of yeast.
- 6Makes 4-6 large round waffles.
- 7NOTE: This recipe is easily made with milk OR buttermilk.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Buttermilk Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.4
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 183.8 mg
- Sodium 551.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g