Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice change to regular salads.
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed for 4 minutes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Arrange the steamed broccoli in a salad bowl.
- Mix all the other ingredients, whisk well.
- Pour over the broccoli and chill for at least an hour.
This was pretty nice, but just a little too sweet for my liking... I guess I don't like my veggies sweet! The ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce really go well together, and I think I'll try this again without the sugar. Thanks Bergy... we love our crisp veggies, don't we? :-)
I have had a very similar salad using no soy sauce or pepper flakes, and using only the stalk of the broccoli, peeled and cut into disks. It is wonderful and healthy, and of special interest to anyone into the raw food movement. It is worth a try to make this variation on Bergy's yummy recipe.