Top Review by KeithsKelly
In an effort to use up a few left over baked potatoes (I did five pounds at once in the crock pot), I came across your recipe and decided to give it a try! Since my potatoes were already done, I melted the butter, garlic salt and pepper in a nonstick skillet on the stove top, then sliced my potatoes in half placing them in the skillet cut side down. Used a bbq brush to baste the outside of the potatoes once in the beginning then just let them sit in the skillet on medium-low while I grilled tequila lime chicken outside. The result was fantastic! They had the crispiness and flavor I was looking for and were heated all the way through without having to wait for them to actually bake. I served them as suggested with sour cream and chives (our favorite way). I will definitely do this again with more already-baked potatoes!
- 2 medium baking potatoes (6 - 8 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- sour cream, as topping (optional)
- chives, as topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly with a vegetable brush.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- In an 11" x 7" x 1 1/2" or 9" x 9" x 2" baking pan, combine melted butter, garlic or seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Place potatoes, cut side down, in butter mixture.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and cut sides of potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Lift out with a spatula.
- If desired, serve with sour cream and/or chives.