1 hr 15 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Bon Appetit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece ginger, peeled, sliced (2x1-inch )
- 1BUFFALO SAUCE:.
- 2Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Whisk in hot sauce; keep warm.
- 4DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 week ahead.
- 5Let cool completely; cover and chill. Rewarm before using.
- 6GINGER-SOY GLAZE:.
- 7Bring all ingredients and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve honey.
- 8Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, 7–8 minutes.
- 9Strain into a medium bowl.
- 10Let sit for 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- 11DO AHEAD: Can be made 5 days ahead. Cover; chill. Rewarm before using.
- 13Preheat oven to 400°.
- 14Set a wire rack inside each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- 15Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- 16Divide wings between prepared racks and spread out in a single layer.
- 17Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
- 18Line another rimmed baking sheet with foil; top with a wire rack.
- 19Add half of wings to ginger-soy glaze and toss to evenly coat.
- 20Place wings in a single layer on prepared rack and bake until glaze is glossy and lightly caramelized, 8–10 minutes.
- 21Toss remaining half of wings in Buffalo sauce.
- 22Serve immediately (no need to bake).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.9
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 177.8 mg
- Sodium 1272.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: