Chinese Baked Chicken Wings
photo by Kana K.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2⁄3 cup honey, separated
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup shaoxing wine (or dry sherry, or Sake)
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds (For garnish)
- 1 green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Mix the marinade ingredients with 1/3 cup honey in a ziplock bag. Add the chicken wings. Massage a few times to mix well. Squeeze air out as you can and seal the bag. Let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, up to overnight. Flip the bag in between, for even marinating.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Place a baking rack on top.
- Place wings on the baking rack, bottom side up. Brush a generous amount of honey on the bottom side of the chicken wings.
- Bake until the bottom side of the wings turns golden brown, 10 minutes. Flip the wings and brush honey on top. Bake for 10 minutes. Take out the baking tray and brush honey again. Cook for another 5 to 8 minutes, until the wings are cooked and the surface turns dark brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and let cool for 5 minutes, garnish with green onion and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
100% food experimenting amateur chef... I use this site to keep my online cook book and recipes I want to try.